Tuesday 27 March 2012

Just a Li'l Something

The Hand Hygiene Campaign in the hospital I work at is at full swing.. and heading the campaign for my unit, I was so proud when we reached 100% completion for the module. I got these little tokens of appreciation for the nurses in my unit. Inside is a nurse watch that I got from ebay. It was really affordable, anout CAD 2$ each.. I hope they like it. I will give it to them tomorrow. :)


There are 3 male nurses in my unit so I got them a pocket sized hand sanitizer instead. I don't think they nurse watch would have been too useful since the design is pretty girly. Anyway, here's how I packaged them. I really like how they turned out and am so glad I got to craft again. There has been a lot going on since the beginning of the year. I am going to a take on a different position temporarily until the fall and I am excited about that! It's gonna be a great learning opportunity. 


I used patterned papers from my scrap stash.. mostly My Mind's Eye I think. I cut the shape out using my Cricut Expression and the Elegant Edges Cartridge. I then used my Martha Stewart Scoring Board to score two lines so when I fold it it leaves enough space for the base. I also cut out scalloped circles using the same cartridge. I inked the edges using a sponge dauber from Stampin' Up and Grape Jelly ink from Memento. The stamp is from Popcorn the Bear deluxe set (the baby one). I felt like using the duck because it kinda reminds me of spring, I don't know why, really hehe. I coloured the duck using Copics. I only used two colours Y02 and YR16. I finished it off with yellow twine that I had from my cross stitching days. I'm excited to bring them to work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment