Wednesday 20 June 2012

My first Dylusions creation


This is my first attempt at trying out the "Art Journaling" style that seems so popular right now. However, I really like making cards so I turned it into a card instead. I started out with a 4x6 card base from 3 Birds Design, and then I placed the altered cardstock which was a plain cream one from Recollections, onto the card base. Really simple because I just wanted to try out the stuff I got. I used 4 colours, which is all I have right now, but I'm hooked so that could change really really soon. I used Crushed Grape, London Blue, Vibrant Turquoise, and Lemon Zest. Wow! These colours are so vibrant  I love them!

The sentiment is from Tim Holtz's Urban Chic stamp set from Stamper's Anonymous, and so are the swirls on the corners. The hand stamp is from Dylusions stamp set called Curious Corrin. The main image is also from the same stamp set. All of them are stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I coloured the main image with Distress inks. I purposely coloured outside the lines. This style is so liberating! LOL. Definitely not what I'm used to, but I love it! The distress inks are not as vibrant, but it works too. It just goes to show that you can use what you have and you don't have to get absolutely every colour of every line that comes out. I then used my white gel pen to put some little dot accents on the swirls. Finally, I distressed the edges using my We R Memory Keepers Heart Attack tool.

2 comments:

  1. Good job.... I’m so impressed ...I have those Dylusion stamps and never had the courage to use them ... Love the distressed ink....You’ve inspired me( Thanks)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It’s been a while since I’ve used my dylusions too. I’m trying to get back into art journaling. Your comment encouraged me to keep trying, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete