Monday 11 June 2012

Why Hello, Sweet Pea!

I only have one Sweet Pea stamp- and I used it on this card, which I made for my dear friend, Ashley. We've been friends since Nursing school and we've always worked together in the same hospitals. I wasn't able to go to her birthday dinner so I will give this to her at the end of the month, when we meet for our other friend's birthday.


I actually didn't list the colours I used to colour the image, because I initially thought I wasn't gonna use it, but after putting it all together, I really liked how it turned out. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink on regular white Recollections card stock, and coloured the image with copic markers. 

I used ranger distress inks a lot on this card. I used Broken China and Shabby Shutters around the image. I used Antique Linen to stamp Inkadinkadoo clear stamps around the image. Again, I'm challenging myself to use up my scrap papers, so the printed papers behind the image are from my stash. I inked the edges with Vintage Photo ink. I also used white faux stitching around the printed papers. 

I added flowers from my stash, and put gems at the center of the flowers. Finally, I used a Memory Box die called "Catalina Wreath," inked it with Vintage Photo again and placed it behind the image. I think it really came together. 


For the inside of the card, I used some more printed paper scraps, inked them with Vintage Photo and Broken China, and another one of the Catalina Wreath die cuts. I used a sentiment from AmyR's stamps and I spelled Ashely with an alphabet set from Studio G.  

I'm entering this card into the following challenges: Deep Ocean Challange - Sewing and Truly Scrumptious Challenge - Flower Power


No comments:

Post a Comment