Tuesday 19 June 2012

Perfect Pearls

I've been on a crafting kick lately, as you can tell by how many posts I've made the past week LOL. My oven is broken and I'm really sad that I can't bake right now, so I guess I've been channeling that energy to creating cards, which is not a bad thing ;) So I've been to my local scrapbooking store (again) and picked up some Ranger Perfect Pearls and I've been playing around with them. I also am getting into embossing and I've been trying out different techniques that I've seen on Youtube.

I'm waiting on my order from Simon Says Stamp and I'm getting really impatient. It's my first time ordering from them and unfortunately I think it will be the last. I ordered June 2nd, it didn't ship until the 7th and I still haven't gotten it. Mind you, I'm in Canada but I've read that some people in Canada have received their orders in a week or so.. and I'm also afraid I'd end up paying duty because my order was 103$ and I've heard that if it's about 100$, you get charged around 20$. Any Canadian scrappers out there who had ordered from SSS?

:( I should've just gotten the reinkers locally. It probably ends up being the same price with the USD conversion and the duty, plus I wouldn't have to wait this long. Oh well... enough ranting... Where was I? Perfect Pearls, right...


I started out with paper from the Prima Fairy Flora pad. I used Versamark ink for this "floral" background that I got from a 2 for 5$ deal at Michaels. It is by Hampton Art. I then used the Perfect Pearls all over the image. I used all the colours in the Aged Patina set: Heirloom Gold, Blue Patina, Pewter, and Green Patina. I set it with a few spritzes of water and dried it with my heat tool. The picture doesn't show it but when it hits the light it's really shiny and so pretty. 

For the central image, I used a stamp from Hero Arts, embossed it with gold embossing powder on cardstock from Me and My Big Ideas. The lilac ribbon added a nice touch. So simple, but I love how it turned out. Here's the inside of the card.


I used the same purple cardstock I used on the front of the card, but this time I embossed it with a glittery clear embossing powder using the same background stamp I used on the front. I then used another paper from the Prima Fairy Flora stack on the right side and stamped a "tree" but it actually is a flower using Versamark ink.. The stamp is from Hero Arts. I used Blue Patina and Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls for the tree. Again, it doesn't show the shine but in the light it does. This card is for the unit I work at now, because I will be transferring in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment