Tuesday 25 October 2011

Girly Birthday Card

I am on a roll tonight LOL. Another card I wanna share with you is a card I made for a co-worker whose birthday falls on Halloween. I used some halloween colours (green, purple, black) for the card. I find her look very Rockabilly or Vintage-y 1940s (which I love!), so I chose an image that depicts that. I really hope she likes it.



I didn't do any colouring this time, since I initially planned to enter into a no-colouring challenge but when I read the instructions more carefully, it said to use only images from a certain company :( Oh well, I still think it turned out nicely, even without colouring. It's a nice change. I amped up the embellishments so the card won't look too plain.

I used a plain green card base from the 3 Birds Design Overstuffed Cardmaking Kit, purple patterned cardstock from K&Co. Seasonal Paper stack, and plain white and black cardstock from Recollections. I used the Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page in Framed Dots on the black cardstock. I then inked the edges of all the white cardstock with Ranger Distress Ink in Shabby Shutters. The image I used is by The Greeting Farm, and it's called "Cheeky Rockabilly." TGF images are one of my most favourite images for stamps. I just think they are so cute!

For the sentiments, I used the AmyR's Best Birthday Wishes and Sassy Sentiments. As always, I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink to stamp the images and the sentiments. The flower embellishments and the sparkly "gems" are from a garage sale.

That's it, simple but I really like it! I'd like to enter the Birthday Sundaes Color Challenge and the Paper Pretties Embellish Challenge as well as the Paper Shelter's Anything Goes Challenge

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card love that image beautifully coloured to. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sentiment goes perfectly with your image! I love the no coloring look too! Fabulous take on the color challenge. Thank you for playing along with Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so cute!! The stamp is super cute!! Thanks for playing with us at Birthday Sundaes!
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at TPS. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have thought that you didn't color her on purpose as it just looks wonderful with the whole feel of your card. This is very cute and I am sure that your co-worker will just love it. Hugs, Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  6. The black and white image looks great! I like the papers that you used. Thank you for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes!
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!! I love how you didn't color the image!! Greta job! Thanks for joining in the challenge this week at Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete