Wednesday 26 October 2011

My First Halloween Card

Halloween is my favourite holiday... I'm not sure why I don't have any halloween stamps! That has got to change LOL. Anyway, I had to make do with what I have, so I used Lolli Anya from The Greeting Farm, since one of the best things about halloween is candy right?! I coloured her hair pink to give a more of a costume-y feel :)



It looks pretty busy but it was fairly simple to make. I used a printed orange card base from 3 Birds Design Overstuffed Cardmaking Kit, and printed papers from K&Co. Seasonal Paper stack. I stamped my image on Copic Xpress paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I also used the same ink and sponged the edges of all the papers. I coloured my image using Copic markers. Here are the colours I used:

Skin: E02, E00, E000
Cheeks: R20
Hair: RV06, RV04, RV21
Hair bows, shoes, and parts of lollipop: YG63, YG03, YG00
Skirt and parts of lollipop: BV04, BV02, BV00
Hair baubles and bodice: YR16, YR07, YR00

For the sentiment I used a sticker, again from the 3 Birds Design Cardmaking kit. I also used my Cricut Expression and the Happy Hauntings Cartridge to cut out the black bats and the orange skulls I used as embellishments. That's pretty much it.

I'm entering this card to the CMC Copic Challenge Group's #29 October Challenge, The Paper Variety No Tricks Just Treats Challenge, Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge, My Mum's Craft Shop Spooktacular Challenge, and The Pixie Cottage Go For Gold Challenge

6 comments:

  1. This is great! Wow.. great job on the coloring!! I am scared of stamps! LOL! Thank you for joining us this week at The Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! I think it is super fun to use regular stamps for Halloween cards, and I think you have done a fantastic job on this one. Unfortunately this is one of the Anya stamps that I don't have (and can not find) so I am always happy when I see that someone has pulled her out to play with. She is just wonderful. I think your coloring is so pretty. Thanks so much for coming over and following my blog. It is really nice to meet you. Hugs, Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Love the mix of colors here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous creation, very inspiring, thanks for sharing with us at My Mum's Craft Shop challenge, hope to see you again soon, Gaynor DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, cute image and colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, a great job of your first Halloween card. Brilliant colouring. Thanks for joining in at TPV this week :)

    ReplyDelete