Wednesday 2 November 2011

A Minimalist Approach

I wanted to colour another image using Prismacolor pencils and odorless paint thinner, and after colouring, I thought I would challenge myself with whipping up something simple~ maybe a card that showcases only very few elements. I am really happy with the way it turned out. I usually spend so much time on my cards and I sometimes get carried away hehe.. When I finshed this card, I feel I've created something simple, but still quite nice. :)


I used a printed cardbase from the 3Birds Design Overstuffed Cardmaking kit. My image is from The Greeting Farm Miss Anya "Rain, Snow, Shine." I stamped the image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink on plain white Recollections cardstock and used the following Prismacolor Premier coloured pencils to colour "Miss Anya Snow."

Hair: Terra Cotta
Skin: Light Peach, Peach, Pink
Ear Muffs: Sand, Yellow Ochre
Scarf: Sand, Yellow Ochre, Light Cerulean Blue, True Blue
Fur linings: Cloud Blue
Coat/ socks: Lilac, Imperial Violet
Boots: 70% Warm Grey

The sentiment I used is from the AmyR Get Well Sentiments, and as usual I stamped it using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used Ranger Stickles on the fur to give it a bit of sparkle and I used Recollections yellow half pearls as embellishments. 

That's pretty much it. I have to say, I'm really liking this new technique using coloured pencils and blending the colours with odorless paint thinner. I like that I can show dimension and play with light. I'm off to do another project now. I'm taking advantage of a few days off before I start my set again!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful colouring .. and a pretty little image . It looks delightful
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete