Friday 4 November 2011

Warm Winter Wishes

It was soooo cold today! Coming off a night shift definitely was not fun this morning LOL. It really feels like winter has come early this year. I don't mind it that much because I love snow! Anyway, so the almost freezing temperatures inspired me to make a winter-themed card. I also got some of my new Copic Markers in the mail today so I wanted to use them. I got them from Scrappin' Great Deals~ a Canadian online store based in Ontario. There was a sale on Copic Sketch markers for 5$! An amazing deal that I could not pass up. So here is the card...


The layout of the card was inspired by Prairie Paper and Ink's Christmas Card Series. Amy has now posted 4 cards and she is great at it! I check everyday to see if she added a new video :) For this card, I used another image from The Greeting Farm called Beanie Anya. I love how warm and cozy she is in this image. I stamped it on Copic Xpress it cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured her with Copic markers. Here are the colours I used:

Skin: E53, E51, E50 with R22 as blush
Hair: E71, E53, E41
Socks: RV000

For the Clothes:
Purples: BV25, BV02, BV00
Greens: BG96. BG93, BG78
Blues: B99, B97, B91
Pinks: R89, R85, R81

The card base is from 3 Birds Design Overstuffed cardmaking kit, and the patterned papers are from K&Co. Seasonal stack, Prima Fairy Flora, and Recollections Pet Pad. I inked the edges of using Memento Grape Jelly ink and used buttons from a garage sale as embellishments. I just wrote out the sentiment. It took a couple of attempts before I was happy with how I had written it.


For the inside of the card, I just used the same patterned papers, inked the edges with Grape Jelly ink and used a couple of blue brads on the sides of the sign. I think it turned out well and I'm really happy with it :) I hope everyone's having a nice cozy night! I'm off to make some hot chocolate, sit by the fireplace and catch up on reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment