Wednesday 2 November 2011

Using Prismacolor Pencils

This is my first attempt at colouring with coloured pencils. It definitely has a different feel from using Copics. I love the "softer" effect, but I know I need more practice. Anyway, I made a gatefold card this time. I used another of my Stamping Bella stamps. She is Bessie Lulu. I just love the scallop detail on her dress! She is so pretty! :)


I used a plain green gatefold card base from Studio G that I just got from the dollar bins at Michaels. I also used some printed textured cardstock from the My Mind's Eye Playful Posies stack. I thought the orange paper with glittery flowers went well with the image. The image as well as the sentiment are stamped on plain white Recollections cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I inked the edges with Ranger Distress Ink in Shabby Shutters. As I mentioned, I used Prismacolor Premier coloured pencils to colour my image, and here are the colours I used.

Skin: Light Peach, Peach
Hair: Light Umber, Sepia
Flowers/ parts of dress: Cream, Canary Yellow, Yellowed Orange, Orange
Dress/ stems: Chartreuse, Apple Green
Shadow: 20% Warm Grey

I also used buttons that I got from a garage sale as embellishments. Now, onto the inside of the card.


I used another textured and glittery cardstock for the sides of the card and I stamped the image again on plain white Recollections cardstock using Memento Pear Tart ink. I find it really hard to get the image to "transfer" when the stamp has no cling mounted to it, and since the stamping bella stamps are unmounted, I think I'll just get some EZ foam cling and attach them. I also used a flower stamp from Inkadinkadoo for the flowers on the top right corner. I used Shabby Shutters to ink the edges of the writing area. I think my first Prismacolor card turned out okay :)

I'm entering this card to the Simon Says Stamp Buttons Challenge 

2 comments:

  1. This is a great card.I love that image and the colouring.So glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so cute and gorgeous too.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete